If you’d like to reset your IP camera or PoE Camera because you are locked out, the recommended way to do a reset is to login to the camera’s web interface and press the forgot password button. You will be prompted to either answer some security questions, or a password recovery code will be emailed to the address entered at the time of initialization.
However, if you are unable to get into the camera’s web interface some camera models may have a reset button for convenience. Otherwise, the camera will need to be sent in to us for reflashing which is at cost to the customer.
How to use the reset button on an IP camera
Use extreme caution when pressing the password button on the camera, especially those cameras where the reset button is located on an exposed PCB board. Damage caused as a result of negligence or user error is not covered by the product’s limited warranty against manufacturing defects.
Here are the simple steps to follow to properly resetting the camera:
- Turn off the camera by unplugging its network cable from the PoE power source or 12V DC source
- We suggest this is not done on carpet as ESD will damage the camera
- Using a manual hand driven screw driver or allen wrench open the compartment where the reset button is located according to the images below for your specific camera model
- Connect the camera to a PoE power source and wait about 3 minutes for the camera to completely boot up
- Using a plastic tool, eraser on the top of a pencil, or your finger, press the reset button down gently for 15 seconds. In some cases the reset button is very thin, you may need to use the edge of your fingernail to press down on it.
The camera will reboot and will be in an uninitialized state. If you are using it with a compatible NVR it can be plugged in to the PoE ports on the back of the NVR and the camera will sync with the NVR. Otherwise please follow this guide on how to initialize the camera: https://www.cctvcameraworld.com/connect-security-camera-to-internet/
Reset button locations
This is where the reset button is located for the IPC4K15 camera. Other bullet cameras with a reset button will have a compartment on the bottom of the camera.
This is where the reset button is located for the IPC4K15D camera. Other dome cameras with a reset button will have a button located somewhere on the board of the camera. It’s often found near the image sensor under the lens assembly.